Working remotely from a home office, the District Sales Manager will manage sales and customer relationships within the geographic territory of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Washington and Wyoming. Responsible for utilizing consultative selling skills to help area dealers achieve assigned retail, wholesale and inventory level goals and achieve new dealer acquisitions. Communicate sales programs, market conditions and competitive advantages to each dealer in the district. Make recommendations to improve retail sales, increase efficiency to drive profitable dealerships (both Full-line and PREP+) in the district. Assist with inventory control and analyze information to release or transfer product to the correct reseller, which helps to optimize sales and inventory turnover. Assist in the creative development of advertising programs and achieve maximum participation in company-created promotions. Motivate dealers to attend boat shows or open houses to maximize visibility of Suzuki products in the district. Conduct sales and product trainings with dealer principals and employees to increase their knowledge of the Suzuki Marine product line and instruct them in the most effective methods of selling to the retail customer. Given the size of the territory, including overnight trips, boat shows and meetings, weekend work is to be expected.
- Must live in district, WA state preferable
- 5+ years as a field salesperson, district manager and/or equivalent retail management
- Experience in the maritime or related sector.
Reporting to the Suzuki Technical Center Manager in Panama City, Florida, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for the design, testing and development of Suzuki engines, drives, transmissions and accessories. This is a new position to support the growth of our outboard product line. This person will have practical responsibility for product development / project engineering. This position is on location in Panama City, some travel.
- Lead the design of new components and systems from basic concept through production implementation.
- Apply experience in electrical data communications between devices and motors to innovate product capabilities
- Design and integrate energy conversion and distribution systems for recreational marine applications.
- Design ship propulsion systems for manual, joystick, and automated control of ship propulsion and control.
- Work with test and development engineering to establish design validation plans.
- Work with suppliers to develop component manufacturing best practices to ensure quality and cost targets are met.
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years of experience in electrical data communication between electrical devices (gauges/sensors) and engines (engine ECUs)
- 3 years experience in electronics – GPS guidance, sensors or autopilot systems preferred
- 5 years of experience working on projects ranging from concept to launch and engineering solutions for product design and development
Working out of our Tampa headquarters, as a team, write, edit and produce technical publications such as service bulletins, safety recalls, factory modification campaigns, reference guides, rigging manuals /configuration, service manuals and any other related technical publications for Suzuki dealers, internal personnel and field service personnel (district technical service managers).
- Maintain digital and print service libraries on Suzuki Connect, Service Operation Drop Box and other distribution systems, as well as track changes using “Back Office” software.
- Work with third-party vendors and distribution warehouses on release-related issues.
- Work with print vendors, digital asset library vendors, and IT staff within the company. Also required for the production of technical training programs and service publications.
As secondary responsibilities, will teach and supervise students enrolled in instructor-led courses in lab troubleshooting exercises; coordinate with instructor-led training from Suzuki Technical Service Managers (TSM) at company training centers in Tampa, FL, Brea, CA and Mechanicsburg, PA or other locations; and, as a team, assist in the design and production of technical services training for online, computer-based, instructor-led programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a technical field (eg engineering). Or graduated from a technical trade school with a focus on marine or motorsports.
- 1 year of experience in a training or publishing role
- Proficiency in desktop publishing software and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously to ensure timely completion.
- Ability to travel