The key metric used in all Sandhills market reports is the Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI). Buyers and sellers can use information from the EVI Sandhills to monitor equipment markets and maximize returns on acquisition, liquidation, and related business decisions. Sandhills EVI data includes equipment available in the auction and retail markets, as well as actively used model year equipment. Regional EVI data is available for United States (and key geographic regions within) and Canadaallowing Sandhills to reflect machine values by location.
Graphic to take away
Sandhills Market Reports highlight the most significant changes in Sandhills’ used heavy truck, construction equipment and agricultural machinery markets. Each report includes detailed analysis and charts that help readers visualize the data. In this month’s report, you’ll see the evolution of value and inventory trends with a historical perspective of how heavy truck demand values have declined after leading indicator swings similar to current trends in the market.
Used Heavy Trucks in USA
- Auction value trends were a leading indicator of changes in asking values over the following months. In April, heavy truck asking values continued an upward trend, rising 59.2% year-over-year; sellers should monitor these values closely going forward.
- In April, EVI Sandhills saw a 57.3% year-on-year increase in auction value; in comparison, auction values in January were up 64.3% year-on-year, showing the downward trend in values since the start of the year.
- Asked values have always decreased when there is a significant increase in stock levels. Although heavy truck inventory levels were down 30% year-on-year in April, this represents an increase of 12.7 percentage points from March 2022 when inventory levels were down 42.7% year-on-year.
Used construction equipment in the USA
- Used construction equipment values continued their upward trend in April. Bid values increased 17.8% year-over-year and ask values increased 10% year-over-year.
- Inventory levels in the construction market, which includes bulldozers, crawler excavators and wheel loaders, were down 45.8% year-on-year in April. This is a slight increase from March, when inventory levels were down 47.7% year-on-year.
Used Farm Equipment in USA
- Auction values for used farm equipment posted a 10.5% year-over-year increase in April. Asked values were fairly stable, increasing only 6.4% year-over-year.
- The Sandhills EVI found farm equipment inventory levels rose slightly from March to April, from a 33.2% year-on-year decline in March to a 29% year-on-year decline in April.
Get the full report
For more information or to receive a detailed analysis of Sandhills Global, contact us at [email protected].
About Sandhills Global
Sandhills Global is an information processing company headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our products and services collect, process and distribute information in the form of trade publications, websites and online services that connect buyers and sellers in construction, agriculture, forestry, petroleum and gas, heavy equipment, commercial trucking and aviation. Our integrated, industry-specific approach to hosted technologies and services delivers solutions that help businesses large and small operate efficiently and grow securely, profitably and successfully. Sandhills Global—we are the cloud.
About the Sandhills Equipment Value Index
The Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI) is a primary indicator of the estimated market values of used assets – both currently and over time – in the construction, agriculture and trucking industries trading represented by Sandhills Global Markets including AuctionTime.com, TractorHouse. com, MachineryTrader.com, TruckPaper.com and other industry-specific equipment platforms. Powered by FleetEvaluator, Sandhills’ proprietary asset valuation tool, Sandhills EVI provides insight into the ever-changing supply and demand conditions for every industry.